Commentary: Yesterday, the subject on the International Dialogues Radio Show , was on end-of-life care and the advantages, for the patient and the family, of Hospice care. Apropos of the latest decision by the Supreme Court, it is interesting to note, that Seniors, (take heed Baby Boomers) will be the ones that will suffer the most because of the Medicare cuts…
- However the Supreme Court Rules, ObamaCare Is In Deep Financial Trouble” What it reveals, however, is that ObamaCare increasingly relies on dubious Medicare spending cuts to cover its growing subsidy costs. By 2025, the CBO says, ObamaCare will cut Medicare spending by $153 billion. That’s equal to 73% of what the CBO expects the exchange subsidies and the Medicaid expansion will cost in that year.-Investor’s Business Daily (More)
- Supreme Court extends Same-Sex Marriage nationwide: …”There are an estimated 390,000 married same-sex couples in the United States, according to UCLA’s Williams Institute, which tracks the demographics of gay and lesbian Americans. Another 70,000 couples living in states that do not currently permit them to wed would get married in the next three years, the institute says. Roughly 1 million same-sex couples, married and unmarried, live together in the United States, the institute says. The Obama administration backed the right of same-sex couples to marry. The Justice Department’s decision to stop defending the federal anti-marriage law in 2011 was an important moment for gay rights and President Barack Obama declared his support for same-sex marriage in 2012.” Newsmax (More)
- Ron Johnson: Instability in Iran Talks Should Concern Americans (More)
- Jeb swipes at Obama over Iran deal (More)
- How John Roberts abandoned Conservatives (More)
- King v. Burwell: An Embarrassing Decision …”The end result is rule by bureaucracy, with the backing of the courts. Recall that the genesis of this case was the IRS’s unilateral act of writing regulations that contradicted the statutory language by extending tax credits to insurance purchased on federal exchanges. The bureaucrats defied the democratic process, only to see their defiance validated by the highest court in the land.
The Court forgets that ours is a government of laws and not of men. That means we are governed by the terms of our laws, not by the unenacted will of our lawmakers. “If Congress enacted into law something different from what it intended, then it should amend the statute to conform to its intent.” Lamie, supra, at 542. In the meantime, this Court “has no roving license . . . to disregard clear language simply on the view that . . . Congress ‘must have intended’ something broader.” _Justice Antonin Scalia (More)
- GOP bill would force Supreme Court to enroll in ObamaCare : (More) A taste of their own medicine
- Sen. Rand Paul to sue IRS, U.S. Treasury (over FATCA) (More)
- Hillary and her ‘Third Way’ politics (More)
- The Islamic tribe where women embrace sexual freedoms (More) For how long…?
- CNN: Obama shuts down White House heckler: ‘You’re in my house!’ (More) ...The President in a “teaching moment:” the heckler was an “undocumented immigrant” as per the article, and was trying to impose his views and frustrations (by shouting) and the President, put him in his place…”You are in my house…” Well, to be put in perspective…In America do as the Americans, (when in Rome do as the Romans) or in Spanish: “Donde fueres haz lo que vieres…”
- Obama looking to avoid Waldorf hotel in New York after Chinese purchase (More)